Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18895 to Insiders in the Fast ring. This build is a quick fix for the Your Phone app that broke in build 18894. Other that that, it is mostly additional bug fixes.
If you are a Windows Insider in the Skip Ahead ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 18895 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
To see the entire release notes, you can read the blog post.
Microsoft fixes the Your Phone app
In build 18894 released earlier this week, Microsoft had stated that the Your Phone app would not work do to an operating system bug.
In this version, Microsoft has stated that the Your Phone app works again.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The Your Phone app now works again! We have fixed the issue from Build 18894 causing Your Phone to not work.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- If you use remote desktop to connect to an enhanced session VM, taskbar search results will not be visible (just a dark area) until you restart searchui.exe.
- We’re investigating reports that on certain devices, if fast startup is enabled, night light doesn’t turn on until after a restart. (Note: The problem will occur on a “cold” reboot or power off / power on. To work around if night light doesn’t turn on, use Start > Power > Restart.)
- There’s a noticeable lag when dragging the emoji and dictation panels.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on.
- Some features on Start Menu and in All apps are not localized in languages such as FR-FR, RU-RU, and ZH-CN.
- In the Ease of Access settings, selecting a color filter may not take effect right away unless color filters option is turned off and back on again.
- The IME candidate window for East Asian IMEs (Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and the Japanese IME) may not open sometimes. We are investigating the issue. In the meantime, going to Task Manager and ending the “WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe” task from the from the Details tab should unblock you if you experience this issue.
- We are aware of an issue with the Bopomofo IME where the character width is suddenly changed to Full width from Half width and are investigating.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install builds from the Fast ring and switch to either the Slow ring or the Release Preview ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.