Are you prepared for a disaster? Do you know how to prepare for an emergency? PrepperCon is in its 4th consecutive year, operating as the largest disaster preparedness and survival expo in the country. The event provides visitors information to help prepare for everything from a pandemic or natural disaster to developing greater situational awareness and basic first aid skills.
Joining GTU today, Ben and Nannette Hansen show how preparing can be something as simple as a water bottle containing a filter capable of removing 99.9+% of parasites, bacteria, and micoplastics from water—as demonstrated by both Reagan and Ali drinking water from the Jordan River. Some of the other events of the expo include:
- Hurricane Simulator:
- Powered by a 500 horse power engine inside of a customized wind tunnel, the hurricane simulator is capable of generating wind speeds over 140 mph (last year’s record was 142 mph).
- Tactical Laser Tag:
- Practice ducking, dodging and jumping for cover behind field objects to learn how to execute actual field techniques such as laying cover fire.
- Home Invasion Simulator:
- Reviewing the same tactics used by military and law enforcement to safely clear a building, this exhibit encourages users to understand what happens and what to do during a home invasion.
- Let’s Make a Meal:
- Watch local contestants prove that food preparedness doesn’t mean needing to eat bland and boring food, as dishes are made from common pantry staples and spices.
- PrepperFash Fashion Show
- Paying homage to function and form, PrepperFash Fashion Show highlights the latest and greatest tactical, hunting, and campaign clothing and gear.
See the full schedule of events and attractions.
Friday, May 18th, 11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
Saturday, May 19th, 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM
Mountain America Expo Center
9575 State St, Sandy, UT 84070
Tickets can be purchased online at preppercon.com or at the door for $15
This story includes sponsored content.