Fans of 90’s inspired platformers will want to take a look at Slipgate Studios’ Kickstarter financed game, Rad Rodgers, which is set to arrive on Xbox One and Playstation 4 on the 21st February. The console version of the game will include plenty of new features all of which will come to the original PC version in a free update. A new trailer has been released to accompany the announcement and can be seen below…
Inspired by the likes of Commander Keen, Conker and Ruff’n’Tumble, Rad Rodgers is a side scrolling platformer that will see players take the role of Rad, a spirited young boy with a love (or addiction) to playing video games. After falling asleep at the end of a long gaming session Rad awakens in a strange world with a mission to save the jungle. Assisted by Dusty, a good hearted but foul mouthed gaming console, Rad must set out through seven levels to save the jungle’s inhabitants and restore the Elder Tree as guardian of the land.
New features included in the console version of the game are:
- Players can compete with their friends and other gamers around the world on the new leaderboards.
- Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game.
- New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels allow players to see how high they can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
- Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
- New Pixelverse Puzzles.
- 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
- 4 New Enemies added to the enemy roster including the new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads and 2 new Minibosses.
- Brand new weapon – The legendary “Excalibat” from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers.
Rad Rodgers will be available for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 on the 21st February priced £16.99 / €19.99.