Mobile gamers have been whipped up into frenzy with the news that the game Fortnite Battle Royale will soon be available to play on iOS and Android devices.
Earlier this month, the game’s developers, Epic, revealed that the widely popular game is coming to mobile devices.
Epic said: “We believe this is the future of games. The same game on all platforms. Console quality graphics and action. Play when you want, where you want…
Fortnite Battle Royale: what you need to know
Fortnite was initially revealed back in 2011 and got its actual release date in July 2017. That was a six-year wait for expectant gamers who wanted to try out the brand new game.
Set in contemporary Earth, 98 percent of the world’s population has disappeared with zombie-esque creatures rising up to take over.
Fortnite Battle Royale, a multiplayer version, sees players competing with up to 100 other gamers, either as individuals in four-man teams. They have to fight other players and avoid being killed to become the last man standing.
What’s interesting about Fortnite Battle Royale is it allows cross-platform gaming, so players using an Xbox One can compete against someone on a PC for instance.
It’s Fortnite Battle Royale, the multiplayer mode, that is set to come to mobile gaming devices very soon.
When will Fornite Battle Royale be available on iOS and Android?
Gamers have been able to sign up to join the invite list at epicgames.com/fortnite and email invites are expected to be arriving in inboxes soon for iOS devices, like the iPhone.
However, Android owners will have to wait a little longer to get in on the action.
As well, be careful that when you receive your Battle Royale game invite, it is actually from Fortnite and not a scam.
We have not sent out any mobile invites yet.
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) March 13, 2018
Why is Fortnite so controversial?
Due to the huge gameplay behind Fortnite Battle Royale, with up to 100 players in a single round, it means that people have become prone to developing cheating software that will allow them to win against other gamers.
Fortnite’s parent company, Epic, has taken to banning cheaters, as well as suing the developers of the software and the people that are using it. In one instance, Epic has launched a lawsuit against a 14-year-old in North Carolina.
As well, recently Fortnite players have taken to social media to say their accounts have been hijacked by malicious hackers. Gamers have seen fraudulent payments made by hackers using the payment details saved on their Fortnite accounts.
Epic said in a statement that it was aware of the continuing attacks. “Any players who believe their account has been compromised should reach out to our player support immediately,” said the company.